- Este evento ha pasado.
Challenges of Our Era Summit 2018
marzo 6 @ 2:00 pm - marzo 7 @ 4:00 pm
The Challenges Of Our Era Summit is about action, not talk.
They want to change the world by radically improving access to necessities of modern life. They think innovation is key to this. At the Summit, we will design new challenge initiatives that incentivise innovators to fix these global problems.
The aim is to gather experts and specialists in the fields of interest such as policymakers, academic researchers, frontline professionals and innovators, technologists and funders. We would like you to be part of this change.
The event will start at 14:00 on Tuesday 6 March, where you will have the opportunity to hear from high-level keynote speakers discussing the role of science, technology and innovation and why it is important to favour and invest in them to create a resilient and sustainable future. This will be followed by a drinks reception in the evening.
On Wednesday 7 March the programme will begin at 09:30 and include practical sessions facilitated by experts in three specific areas:
- Surgical equity, where the Lancet Commission thinks 17 million lives can be saved every year through increased access and improved quality in medical services in the developing world.
- Agriculture and food production, because we will soon need to feed a world of 10 billion and because the World Bank believes growth in agriculture can have up to four times the poverty alleviation power of other forms of economic growth.
- Data for good, since access to the benefits of the digital revolution have not been shared equally – and new information technologies can transform education, governance, finance and the economy for the benefit of all.
- Geoff Mulgan, Chief Executive, Nesta (UK)
- Tris Dyson, Executive Director, Challenge Prize Centre, Nesta (UK)
- Jessica Fanzo, Bloomberg Distinguished Associate Professor of Ethics and Global Food & Agriculture, Johns Hopkins University (USA)
- Sara Roversi, Future Food Institute Director (IT)
- Dominic Falcão, Director, Deep Science Ventures (UK)
- Mark Lundy, Theme Leader for Sustainable Food Systems, International Center for Tropical Agriculture, CIAT (COL)
- Paula Hidalgo-Sanchis, PhD, Manager, Pulse Lab Kampala, UN Global Pulse (UG)
- Thomas Weiser, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine (USA)
- Stuart Russell, Professor of Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley (USA)
More information at www.nesta.org.uk/event/challenges-our-era-summit-2018